Thursday, May 23, 2013

English as a 2nd Language

  Oh My God! I grew up in Cali and I have had to deal with a lot of Spanish speaking people in my life. I was always irritating to talk to them because English was there second language and they always mess stuff up. I used to always kinda let those things slide because i only had to deal with them in small doses. Now that i have to work with someone were Spanish is not there first but English is definitely there second language, it drives me crazy. Instead of asking "Do you know where this is?" they ask something along the lines of "Do you know where this ain't?" They get much much worse then that but i can't come up with the stupid stuff that come out of his mouth. OOOOOH MAN and when he tries to talk to us and give little motivational speeches he just ends up irritating the crap out of me. Saying "You understand" over and over again. That is all fine and dandy when you are talking to a bunch of recruits. They are supposed to be treated like little kids because you are nothing in boot camp getting molded into something. I'm a grown ass man, I don't need you double checking my understanding every fucking 5 seconds. Just say what the fuck you need to say and then maybe, if you think you didn't get your point across because of the language barriers that you face in English. Just ask one of us to summarize it back to you. Its very simple, that also proves that we got the message whether you have trouble conveying a point or not. As a fucking leader too, he sucks. To be a leader is too lead. He constantly asks stupid questions of the people directly above him. Why don't you just come up with your own ideas and put them in place. OR here is a genius fucking idea, ask the people below you for ideas, and then implement what you think will work best based on your experience. If i was the person that he constantly went to to ask questions i would lose my mind and tell him to fuck off. Especially for the stupid stuff that he asks questions about. Sgt. approaches GySgt. in front of me and asked him a question about something I ALREADY DO! So i spoke up and explained what i had been doing the whole time. GySgt. just pointed at me and went back to work, and the Sgt. just walked away. What a waist of time that could have been simply solved by being aware of your surroundings. With that he could have talked to the SSgt. as well, he knew what was going on. Have you ever had a problem with a boss that just does stupid shit all day? I don't even mean like makes you do stuff stupid... but like really stupid like he is retarded. Maybe even someone who is just over you and kinda supervises your work.

No comments:

Post a Comment